The majority of people taking anticoagulants get into serious health problems due to the many risk factors involved with this medication. The risk factors of anticoagulants will increase for those people who take them without any proper plan and management. So, it is imperative to follow a proper anticoagulation treatment and management plan, which will give positive results. Dr. Aldo Arpaia and Dr. Bart Savino at Island Medical Consultants in New York are the right specialists for anticoagulation management therapy.
What benefits will I get from Anticoagulation Management at Island Medical Consultants?
- Customized individual treatment plan according to your specific conditions
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of therapy
- Recommendations to improve your nutrition and lifestyle
Why Choose Dr. Arpaia and Dr. Savino for anticoagulation management service?
The team of Board Certified Physicians Dr. Arpaia and Dr. Savino is comprised of professional physicians and pharmacists that administer anticoagulant therapy for Island Medical patients. They manage the treatment in the most safest and effective manner for their patients. We fully understand each patient’s conditions and requirements. Our staff is available 24/7 for any guidance on anticoagulant management. We hope you will come to avail of our service as the safe, effective, and convenient way to manage your anticoagulant therapy.
What are anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants are medicines that reduce the body’s ability to form clots in the blood. They increase the time your blood takes to form clots. They are also called “blood thinners” but they don’t actually thin the blood. These medicines will not dissolve the existing clot but help to stop it from getting larger.
What are the types of anticoagulants?
The most common prescribed anticoagulant is Warfarin. Some new types are also available.
Why I may need anticoagulants or anticoagulation treatment?
The formation of the blood clot will lead to some serious health conditions such as:
- Atrial fibrillation (AF)
- Artificial heart valve
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Pulmonary embolism (PE)
- Genetic clotting disorders
- Heart Attack
You may be recommended anticoagulation therapy management if you have been diagnosed with the above-given conditions or if the doctor feels that you have a high risk of developing these conditions.
What are the things to consider when taking anticoagulants?
There are several things that our doctors and specialists recommend to patients while taking anticoagulant medicines. See some of them as below:
- The patient should take the anticoagulants according to the time period and duration as per doctor’s prescription. Make sure not to stop taking them unless the doctor recommends you.
- The increased risk of taking anticoagulants is bleeding. That is why the patient should take tablets as directed by a doctor. Avoid taking larger doses.
- The patient should inform to doctor that he/she is taking anticoagulants before going to any surgery or test.
- The patient should speak to specialist before taking any other medications because some of these can affect the working of anticoagulants.
- If the patient is taking Warfarin, then he/she should avoid major changes to what he/she is normally eating because it can also affect their medication.
The patient should speak to the doctor if she becomes pregnant or plan to have a child while taking anticoagulants. Book an appointment to see one of our award-winning Internal medicine doctors by calling (718)-727-1898 or fill out the contact form